Talent development used to be about building a training program, reserving a classroom, and filling the seats. Not anymore. Leadership and employee development should focus on changing business results by helping employees behave differently. It’s all about making an impact.
That behavior change occurs when your employees gain new skills and/or develop new attitudes.
In today’s rapidly changing workplace environment, your talent develop strategies need to be flexible and responsive.
Your toolkit might include:
- One-on-one coaching/mentoring
- Cohort programs
- Experiential learning events
- Instructor-led webinars
- Traditional classroom sessions
- Intranet content (Self developed and curated)
- E-learning courseware
- On-demand videos and articles
- Developmental job assignments
- Social learning
- Job aids
And the list goes on.
Regardless of the delivery vehicle, our development services maintain two simple goals:
- Build practical skills that can be put to immediate use.
- Turn those skills into habits that improve performance.
With over 25 years and thousands of learning activities delivered, we know how to get results. If it involves people working together and increasing their professional effectiveness, we have probably developed and delivered a program on the topic.
Which of the following do leaders and employees within your organization need to do more often and with greater skill?
- Collaborate across distance and time.
- Lead meetings that accomplish the stated objectives.
- Work out differences in a respectful manner.
- Stop and prevent sexual harassment or other disrespectful workplace behaviors.
- Reinforce their messages with effective body language.
- Work with people from other generations.
- Stay cool when stress levels start to build.
- Say what needs saying in a direct and respectful manner.
- Be strategic about how they introduce change within the organization.
- Keep employees engaged and productive.
- Build and lead a high-performance team.
These are just some of the skills we’ve helped employees develop. Here are topics laid out in a easy to read one-page format. It should give you a good idea of what’s available.
When you decide it’s time to start changing behaviors within the organization, contact us so that we can work together to identify your business objectives and then develop a customized program to accomplish that goal.