62% of employees report they have been treated rudely at least once in the last month. So what’s the big deal? Toughen up, right?
Well there are actually many big deals. When employees don’t feel respected…
- 47% spend less time at work.
- 38% deliberately decrease the quality of their work.
- 66% decrease their overall job performance.
- 78% are less committed to the organization.
- 12% quit because of the incivility.
Now imagine what this might do to creativity, collaboration, problem-solving, and customer service.