Plenty of organizational change initiatives crash and burn. The reasons are likely as numerous as the initiatives themselves. And yet when the experts at Prosci took a look at the problems, they boiled it down to five big obstacles that change leaders didn’t effectively address:
- Lack of executive support and active sponsorship
- Inadequate change management buy-in and resourcing
- Resistance and lack of support for the specific solution
- Change-resistant culture and organizational structure
- Change saturation and lack of prioritization
Now that you know what the likely problems are, you are much better positioned to deal with them.