Figuring out what the organization should focus on is never easy, but always important. Our approach helps you create a plan that’s meaningful, actionable, and achievable.
We will customize an approach that takes into account your organization’s unique requirements. The components of that plan will likely include many of the following activities:
- Interview senior leaders to understand expectations for the planning process and gain their candid perspective about the issues the organization faces.
- Meet with senior team to build consensus on high-level goals for the planning process. In other words, get everyone supporting the work that’s about to take place.
- Conduct a planning session for the purpose of understanding the organization’s current situation.
- Conduct a planning session for the purpose of talking about people’s hopes and dreams for the planning period.
- Meet with employees, customers, and other stakeholder groups to gain their perspectives about the organization’s situation and where it ought to focus its energy.
- Gather data to respond to early questions that arise during the process.
- Develop a draft of the organization’s goals.
- Gather reactions.
- Refine the goals and begin developing action plans to support the goals.
- Involve the organization in developing operational plans to ensure alignment.
- Develop a plan for measurement and monitoring plan.